Parish Agencies

     Bogalusa is located in Washington Parish, where the town of Franklinton is the parish seat.  The governing parish body is known as the Parish Council and has 7 council members and a parish president. Parish offices are located in the Court House Building, 908 Washington St., Franklinton, Louisiana  70438, phone 985-839-7825.

                 Washington Parish Tax Assessor, 1-800-809-0298 or 839-7815

                 Clerk of Court, 985-839-4663

                 Washington Parish Sheriff, 985-732-7160

                 District Attorney, 985-735-0380

                 Washington Parish Tourism Commission, 888-827-7118/985-839-5228

                 Justice of the Peace/City Judge, 985-735-6800


City Agencies

                 Bogalusa City Hall, 214 Arkansas Ave., phone 985-732-6200

                 Bogalusa City Council, 214 Arkansas Ave., phone 985-732-6202

                 Bogalusa Police Dept., 202 Arkansas Ave., phone 985-732-3611

                 Bogalusa Fire Dept., 200 Arkansas Ave., phone 985-732-6219


State Agencies

                 Motor Vehicle Division, 62041 Benjamin Rd., Bogalusa, 70427--732-6628


Federal Agencies

                 U.S. Post Office, 305 Ave. B, Bogalusa 70427 985-735-5921

                          (post office boxes have zip code 70429)

                 Social Security Administration, 205 Arkansas Ave., 985-735-6570


Registrar of Voters

                 Court House, Franklinton  985-732-2925



                 Electric: Entergy 1-800-368-3749

                 Gas: CenterPoint Energy  1-800-477-0177

                 Water/Sewer/Garbage Service: Public Works Dept., City Hall 985-732-6213

                 Electrical Inspection: Public Works Dept., City Hall 985-732-6213

                 Cable: Media3 Communications  1-800-821-4559

                 Telephone: AT&T 1-866-620-6000        Uverse: 1-888-288-8339

                 Cellular: AT&T  985-735-1101, others available


Other Information for New Residents

     Everyone must obtain an occupancy permit for an electrical inspection from the Public Works Department at City Hall.  If you purchase a house, you should file for homestead exemption at the Washington Parish Tax Assessor’s office between January 1st and April 1st. Property not under homestead exemption must have property tax paid by December 31st, at the Sheriff’s Office. Bogalusa has zoning laws and codes; additions or new structures must have building permits obtained at Public Works Department.

     All vehicles must be given a safety inspection sticker once a year. Cars must be registered in Louisiana when residence is established or when employment is acquired. For a driver’s license, out-of-state is good for 90 days; a new license must be obtained after establishing residence or securing employment.

     To register a child for school, there must be a health record of immunization and a birth certificate to present to the Bogalusa School Board office.


Member Spotlight

© 2014 Bogalusa Chamber of Commerce. All rights reserved.

Website designed, developed & hosted by Dream Catchers Web Design, LLC.